Hello,
My name is Rachel Schwartz. I am a third/fourth grade teacher in the very small town of Burr Oak, which is located on the Michigan/Indiana border. I teach math and science to both grade levels. The two grades are separate classrooms but with being such a small school we only have one teacher per grade level so therefore we co-teach with a different grade level. This is my third year teaching and third year in this district.
I received my undergrad through Notre Dame College of Ohio which is located in Cleveland, OH. While there, I double majored in Early Childhood Education and MMIS. I also received my Reading Endorsement. I came back to my hometown of Sturgis, MI shortly after graduating from NDC.
When I'm not teaching I enjoy spending time with my family, friends, and my dog!
Hi Rachel,
ReplyDeleteBoy, that does sound like a pretty small school. I'm sure it has it's benefits and it's drawbacks. I googled Burr Oak, and chuckled when I saw how similar it looks to my hometown... even down to the 1st through 6th streets comprising the bulk of the "village" or downtown area.... It's good "seeing" you again this semester. Dawn:)
It is very small! The school district is all in the same building just different hallways.
Delete