Digital Images
Use in the Classroom or Educational Setting
IDEA- During the students third grade year, we discuss weather and climate. In this unit the students learn about natural disasters. Included in natural disasters are tornadoes. The students learn what they are and how they develop.
I will use the Inforgraphic to educate the students on what a tornado is, how it forms, the Fujita Scale, and all other aspects of a tornado. The students will be able to identify what a tornado, how it is formed and give other key details of a tornado in the United States.
Copyright- Once getting through the unit on Weather and Climate the students will create their own Infographic that covers one of the natural disasters we discussed or anything else covered in the unit. They will be able to search for appropriate images and details that are useable and sharable. Once complete they will share with the rest of the class.
Application
The design principles for multimedia instruction align with my lesson because my students are using information they learned during the unit by using multimedia materials (The Coherence Principle),using graphics (The Redundancy Principle), and using a combination of words and graphics, (The Spatial Contiguity Principle). By using the graphics and information that I have provided for the students they will be able to psychically see what is being presented and listen to what is in the presentation. By using both styles I should be able to cover the majority, if not all, of the learners in my classroom.
When I created my InfograpDhic I intentionally used the Coherence Principle, the Redundancy Principle, and the Spatial Contiguity Principle. These three principles all deal with images and graphics.
Reflection
Before this week some of my lessons weren’t as specific as I could make them. Now using the Infographic I can present a lot of useful information to my students in one graphic. The graphic makes it interesting for the students because it uses pictures, words, graphs and charts. These graphics will be able to catch all of the students attention and make it more interesting for them, which is the most important idea when teaching a lesson to students. I then can also have my students complete their own infographic which allows them to find more information on their own about a specific topic or disaster in this case.
This week, I really enjoyed discovering and making my own Infographic. Like I mentioned earlier it allows for a lot of information to be presented in one setting.
I enjoyed using, making and learning about the different ways to present information to students. I especially plan to use Infographics in my units and lessons. I think Infographics will keep the students’ attention and give enough information that is useful to students. Learning new ways to present information is always nice so it’s not the same every day and every week.

No comments:
Post a Comment